Join the new race to space in the exciting field of commercial space transportation! As an aerospace engineer or transportation industry analyst in the FAA Office of Commercial Space Transportation, you will work in the newest transportation sector and work on the latest developments for space flight. AST is accepting resumes from applicants seeking challenging career opportunities. Here is a “general” Aerospace Engineer position description to assist in completing your resume.
Federal Aviation Administration
Office of Commercial Space Transportation
Salary: $44,827 -$125,943
The Office of Commercial Space Transportation hires engineers focused in aerospace applications to support its safety responsibilities through the licensing and regulating of commercial space launches and reentries, and the operation of launch and reentry sites. Employees selected for these positions will:
- Work in a unique high performance organization to analyze and conduct safety evaluations of proposed space transportation activities that involve the launch or reentry of expendable and reusable launch vehicles and operation of launch and reentry sites.
- Assess the safety of a wide variety of leading-edge technologies and systems including reusable launch vehicles and expendable launch vehicles;
- Perform safety inspections of commercial launch and launch site operations to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements;
- Work with industry to promote and facilitate commercial space transportation; and
- Perform challenging and rewarding work on the development of public safety standards and requirements addressing new reusable and expendable launch vehicle concepts and operations.
Learn more about the types of skills AST is seeking.
View current FAA job opportunities, including AST vacancies
AST is an Equal Opportunity Employer.